Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 7:30 PM - 10 PM
The Center SF
548 Fillmore St,
San Francisco, California 94117
Come join us for a special Urban Awakening exploring Pranayama - the Sacred Art of Conscious Breathing. In this experiential gathering, we will explore conscious breathwork before and during meditation.
Pranayama is a Sanskrit word that means to control (yama) the life force (prana). These ancient breathing techniques oxygenate the brain and body, producing energy, vitality, focus and relaxation. Conscious breathing creates a powerful bridge between normal waking consciousness and the meditative state and has been known to evoke deep states of peace, bliss, joy and conscious union (Samadhi) with Spirit.
The evening will include:
- Learning diaphragmatic breathing
- Various Pranayama techniques, including yogic breathwork
- A step by step guide on how to integrate conscious breathing in your meditation practice and daily life
- Guided meditation including Pranayama
- Spiritual inquiry and community discussion
Facilitators: Craig Wenaweser and Gigi Azmy
More March 2017 events: