Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Center for Creative Living
1460 Koll Circle # C,
San Jose, CA
Express yourself at our artfully facilitated drum, music, and dance circle!
Attune to the rhythm of your heart, the song of your soul, and the dance of life. Our drum, music and dance circle creates a safe and inviting container to play within.
Each evening we will explore drumming, music, song, chant, and dance! Easy-to-learn drum rhythms, circle songs & chants, and dance techniques from around the globe are interwoven into shared moments of fun and community connection. No experience necessary – and we mean that!
* Good listening practices and making space for music to happen
* Techniques for “Jamming” with other drummers and music makers
* Simple games for interacting (verbally, non-verbally, musically, etc.)
* An enhanced feeling of musical comprehension as you deepen your practice
Chanting / Singing:
* Find resonance with each other and listen with our hearts
* Encourage others to share their voices and make space for them
* Take risks and stretch creatively
* Develop a strong self-awareness in body, mind and spirit
Dancing / Movement:
* Incorporate yogic and shamanic ‘movement tools’ for personal growth and expression
* Further explore authentic movement with witness/reflection exercises
* Express ourselves fully, letting our own Light shine from within
Cost: $5 - $15 (sliding scale)
More November 2016 events: