Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 7:30 PM - 9 PM
Li's Wushu Academy
10268 Bandley Dr, Ste 107-B,
Cupertino, CA 95014
“In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!”
― Dave Barry
This will be a special class on several dimensions. No, actually, every class in our group is special. Every class has a different topic and a different set of exercises. But this one is special of specials. We are CELEBRATING 25th workshop, we are celebrating the first Christmas and the first Hanukkah together, as a team!
Unlike all our other classes, when we reveal the details at the class, for this one, we are doing exception.
Because… we need you to get in the special festive mood and… because we are asking you to bring a funny wrapped gift around $10 in cost.
We will arrange the dance gift exchange. It is like White Elephant, but without stealing gifts from each other. Instead, each one, who is getting a gift from fellows dancers, will unwrap it in secret, and will dance it, letting others to guess, what was actually received.
You got the point – simple and funny gift would be the best! See you at the celebration!
Also, we are inviting you to submit your favorite music tunes, you would like to dance. We will try to compile the sound set from your favorites. Send me the PM or email with your request /suggestion, and I will promise to let you enjoy it during the party.
Dance therapy is offering numerous benefits for physical, mental, and emotional health. Music itself can be a very powerful tool. It can affect our moods and our state of well-being by triggering memories and other emotional experiences. When dance or any movement is set to music, it can create a stress relieving, joyful and sometimes healing moment for those involved, as well as increasing/releasing endorphins in the brain.
Please join us for the dance therapy workshop in Cupertino, where we will explore different attributes of the emotional and physical well-being through set of the creative and fun exercises, mixed with the episodes, filled with the free-form dancing.
Main benefits you may expect:
- Getting a good ability to express suppressed emotions
- Establishing a positive and rejuvenating connection with your body
- Improving general physical fitness and gross motor skills development
- Processing internal negative beliefs, improving confidence and self-esteem
- Encourages creativity and imagination
- Connecting others people on emotional level
- Creating a positive life outlook, addressing stressful life events and depressive episodes
Every workshop is different, and the facilitator will follow the flow, adjusting the list of the exercises and free-form dance activities to the created team spirit and atmosphere.
- No partner or previous dancing experience necessary.
- All ages and physical capabilities are welcome. You choose you own level of participation and involvement.
- Please try to be on time, as it is easier to “catch a wave” if you are present from the class beginning.
- Clothing: anything that would let you move freely.
- Shoes: dancing bare-feet is the best, but you can also use soft flat shoes. Please no outdoor shoes on the floor.
- There is plenty of parking near the studio. Follow the GPS guidance, however as soon as you turn to the parking lot from Bandley Drive, you need to drive around the building to find the Li's Wushu Academy Entrance at the back. There are no entrances from the front or sides of the building.
Workshop Facilitator: Tanya Pekker, LMFT
Cost: Recommended donation $15 (cash, at the door).
More December 2016 events: