Softening Hard Edges of Difficult Emotions

Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Spirit Rock Meditation Center
5000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd,
Woodacre, CA


How do I work with my thoughts, fears, and beliefs in ways that nurture the dignity of all life?
How do I comfort my own raging heart in a sea of ignorance, distress, and violence?
How can my actions reflect the world I want to live in and leave for future generations?

In this daylong retreat, we will investigate our conditioning and explore the cycle of misperception. Through this inquiry, we will be able to drop below the turbulence of our distress.

Ruth King is a guiding teacher at Insight Meditation Community of Washington, a core teacher in Spirit Rock's Dedicated Practitioner Program, and founder of Mindful Members Insight Meditation Community in Charlotte, NC. Ruth is a life coach and consultant, and the author of Healing Rage.

Cost: $75 - $200 (sliding scale)