Funkstatic Dance


Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 7 PM – 10 PM

Pacific Cultural Center
1307 Seabright Ave,
Santa Cruz, California


Please join the Ecstatic Dance community for our first ever “Funkstatic Dance”. Raising the funk (and funds) for your dancing pleasure. This event will feature three local DJs bringing you the funkiest, funkalicious beatz all night long…all for a good cause!

Schedule:
6:45pm Doors Open
7:00pm “Funk Yass!” a warmup class w/ Hype Girl (Jillian Haun)
8:00pm Disco Hippo (Sal McBenttez)
9:00pm Phonky Chicken (Daniel Mollner)

No shoes, no booze, no talking on the dance floor. Yes to respect, community, diversity, and consent!!
This is an ALL AGES event =)

It is an honor to support a Santa Cruz local with a big vision and a big heart. Jillian (Hype Girl) Haun reveals her inspiration, passion, and devotion below...

Why the funk is this happening???
Do you have a minute?
Have a seat... 
I'll tell you the story...

Every year since I was 17 I've done a special something for my birthday to give back to the community. I typically gather my friends and family to volunteer or raise money for something or someone. From volunteering at a senior home, volunteering at Stone Soup, passing out random flowers, raising money and goods for Glass Slipper, passing out oranges in India, a clothing sale for The Truckee Family Resource Center, Joy Bombing San Francisco and showing Embrace as part of The Beauty Project. This has included some heartwarming memories that I treasure greatly.

So what do I have cookin for my 25th birthday!?
Something funkinnn awesome.
Perhaps you know that I LOVE to have fun.
Perhaps you know that I LOVE funk music.
Perhaps you know that I LOVE to dance.
Perhaps you could imagine that I'd dream up having funk music played all day and I could dance for hours and hours.
Every year I choose to give in a way that speaks to my heart...

Cost: $15 - $20